People are Using Cannabis Energy Bars in Their Wellness Routine
With the cannabis market emerging at full speed, some consumers are turning towards cannabis-infused edibles to add a little spark to their health and wellness routine. One product, in particular, the cannabis energy bar, is turning a lot of heads.
Energy bars, granola, bars, breakfast bars, and other snack bars have been at the front of the health and fitness market for quite some time. It’s no wonder, really. What’s not to love about an all-in-one nutrition bar that can replace a “healthy” snack anytime throughout the day?
So its really no surprise that when companies started adding cannabis to the mix, the new cannabis infused snack bars took off quickly. Cannabis friendly gyms are opening all over pot-legal communities, nutritionists are backing cannabis edibles for their wholesome qualities, and cannabis brands are constantly expanding supply in response to demand. Now, many people make them part of their daily routine, both for medicinal and recreational reasons.
There’s plenty of reasons that these snacks may fit into your health routine, too, since they carry many of the same benefits as the medicinal marijuana they’re made from. Some even have extra cannabidiol added, which may greatly increase the health benefits of the bars.
They make it easy for you to take a quick little dose of cannabis throughout the day and are usually packed full of protein, fiber, and other nutrients that could easily make them a go-to for breakfast or snacks in between meals.
You can always buy cannabis snack bars, but we left you an easy little recipe for snack bars (made with CBD-infused peanut butter) at the end of this post.
Some People Favor Eating Cannabis to Smoking It
Smoking anything isn’t exactly 100% healthy, even if it’s one of Earth’s natural medicinals. In fact, any kind of smoke is harmful to your lungs on some level. Now that there are so many other popular consumption methods for marijuana, people are turning away from combustion (smoking) in order to preserve their health.
That mindset is the reason that so many companies are expanding to offer pills, vapes, oils, and edibles in place of traditional dry herb. Just this year flower sales have dropped by 50 percent in some areas, with edibles being one of the biggest competitors.
Consumers are loving it, which is part of the reason cannabis energy bars are so popular. Of course, if you aren’t smoking out of a tobacco wrap, smoking marijuana is nowhere near as dangerous as smoking cigarettes. That doesn’t mean that you can’t knock off a little of the risk by choosing edibles instead.
Edibles Digest Slowly and Last Longer
For some people, these cannabis-infused edibles have one significant advantage. They last longer than other marijuana and CBD products. Anytime cannabis is eaten, it has to be metabolized before entering the bloodstream.
On the downside, marijuana edibles may take 1-2 hours to start working. On the upside, they usually last hours longer than other products, which makes them beneficial for managing chronic health conditions. Edibles may be the most effective method for treating conditions that need to be managed consistently throughout the day, like arthritis or pain.
Benefits of Adding CBD to Your Cannabis Energy Bars
Many people look for cannabis bars made from industrial hemp or with added CBD in search of the many benefits it brings to the table. CBD snack bars can be found all over the internet and in dispensaries due to their legal status in all 50 states.
Most medicinal marijuana has focused on ramping up the THC content until now. Lately, though, people have been turning their attention toward cannabidiol. The reason probably lies in the long list of possible medicinal uses for the supplement. Some of the most popular (evidence based) potential uses for CBD include:
Pain: Cannabidiol is widely regarded as a great pain reliever. For this reason, it is often popular with people who suffer from arthritis, joint pain, back pain, or are recovering from an injury. Many people even opt for CBD for post-operative recovery.
Inflammation: Cannabidiol has shown to reduce inflammation, which may be at least partially responsible for its pain-relieving effects. Many people are eating cannabidiol with their meals in order to relieve chronic inflammation.
- Anxiety: Anxiety affects a large majority of the population in some way, which is why people all over the world are turning to CBD for anxiety. It’s most popularly used for its potential to treat social anxiety. However, Many people eat CBD edibles throughout the day to manage all forms of anxiety.
- Cancer Related Treatments: Studies have shown a multitude of potential for CBD when it comes to relieving cancer symptoms. It’s not uncommon to find someone taking cannabidiol alongside cancer treatments, like chemotherapy, because it can help manage all of the uncomfortable side effects.
- Aside from possibly helping with any pain, cannabidiol has shown great potential as an anti-nausea medication. It may also fight fatigue, loss of appetite, and insomnia due to some cancer medications.
You can always add cannabidiol to your homemade cannabis snack bars, which can save you money and help you control the cannabidiol dose. Multiple products exist to make it easy to create your own CBD edibles. Products like CBD honey or infused peanut butter are perfect for most homemade snack bar recipes, like the one below.
Make Cannabis Energy Bars at Home
This recipe for homemade CBD infused snack bars is easy and takes only 45 minutes to make. It’s a great way to get a daily dose of cannabidiol when you need it, and you can vary the strength by changing up the strength of the CBD edible you use. Feel free to experiment and change out the ingredients to create your own delicious cannabis snack bar.
Cannabidiol-Infused Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Time Needed: 45 Minutes
Makes 12 Snack Bars
- 4 cups of old-fashioned oats
- ¾ c. CBD infused peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c. of honey (or CBD infused honey to increase potency)
- ⅓ brown sugar or alternative granulated sweetener
- 1 ½ c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine CBD infused peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, baking soda, brown sugar, and coconut flour. Then, combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips or other add-ins (dried fruits are a wonderful option) until evenly distributed throughout the mix.
- Spread mixture evenly across the pan. Press firmly into the pan to create a “thick” layer of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan and let the bars cool completely before cutting and serving. Store the bars in your refrigerator for a quick snack throughout the day.
Try changing up the recipe by swapping out the chocolate chips for other add-ins, like dried fruits, nuts, seeds, or granola. Any dry additive should substitute well.
If you want edibles with CBD and THC, try adding a THC edible as well.